- Fiskars® ShapeCutter™ enables to comfortably cut accurate shapes.
- Can be used with a ShapeTemplates™ or freehand (removable ornage plate with locking and release system).
- Designed with an ergonomic shape & Softgrip® material for ultimate grip & comfort.
- Pivoting arm to enable easy blade changing.
- Blade depth adjustment according to material thickness. Replacement blade available (#4801)
- To be used with a Fiskars® ShapeCutter™ mat to protect the working surface and prolong the blade life.
- Are ShapeCutter™ blades fast frayed? How to prolong them?
- It depends on the use frequency of the ShapeCutter™ and the material you cut: the more the material is thick , the more the blade is fast frayed. In average, you can cut 500 patterns with a blade on basic weight paper.
To prolong blade life:
- We always recommend to put down the ShapeCutter™ on its plastic base when non -used, this enables to protect the blade.
- Do not put down it with the blade upwards to avoid cutting risks.
- Using a blade for each type of material (one for paper, one for fabric, one for metal…) is recommended.
- What materials can be cut with the ShapeCutter™?
- The ShapeCutter™ enables to cut multiple supports:
- Paper up to 210g - Sticker- Thin metal sheet- Polyphane (middle thickness)- Plastic sheets- Fabric : by gluing beforehand a paper sheet at the fabric back with temporary glue, cut to the paper side.
- Why isn't my ShapeCutter™ cutting correctly?
There are a few of reasons a ShapeCutter™ might not be cutting correctly.
- ShapeCutter™ :
- to cut free hand, keep the orange base- to cut with a ShapeTemplate™, remove the orange base - place fingers on the Softgrip® parts - place the blade against the Shape Template™ border and follow the shape, the wrist doesn’t have to move thanks to the swivel blade
- Fiskars® self healing mat :
- placed on the correct side ( so that we can read « Fiskars® ») - essential for a good use of the ShapeCutter™ - the blade doesn’t catch for a uniform cutting without snag - Protects the working surface
- Shape Templates™ :
- placed on the right side (so that we can read « Fiskars® »). - remove the orange ShapeCutter™ base- Several patterns available
- ShapeCutter™ blade :
- must be locked in the SC (closed orange lock button) - adjust the blade depth to the cut material (handle) - must be not too used (otherwise it snags). - ideally, before beginning, place it on the cutting direction to avoid snags
- How to adjust the blade depth?
- The orange button on the top ShapeCutter™ arm enables to adjust the blade depth according to the cut material. You need to adapt it. A line shows where to place it,
- a thin line for thin paper, - a thick line for thick materials.
- How to cut fabric with the ShapeCutter™?
- When cutting fabric, it is advisable to place it against some scrap paper (80g). Use heat sealing paper or glue with temporary gluing properties to stick you fabric to the paper then use the ShapeCutter™ on the paper side. This technique makes the fabric a little firmer, which facilitates a more precise cut. When you have finished cutting the fabric, simply remove the paper.
- I have the old version of the ShapeCutter™, should I replace it?
- No, the tool works in the same way and offers the same creative possibilities, the new version includes technique improvements :
- The adjustment button replace the adjustment screw for the blade depth. On the former version, you need to turn the screw to adjust the blade to the material depth.- The portable orange base has been added but the former version enables also to cut freehand or with Shape Templates™, it depends on the blade depth.- Silicone parts have been added for more control and comfort.